Mark Caro's Oscar Quiz

For the films of 2014
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Re: Mark Caro's Oscar Quiz

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

17/20...

One of the questions only offers 4 wrong options: the one about the record for the most consecutive years with an acting nomination. I got that right by picking the closest to right choice but the fact this people do not double check their facts before publishing this kind of tests baffles me. Both Bette Davis and Greer Garson received acting nominations in 5 consecutive years and there are five actors tied for receiving 4 consecutive acting nods (one of them is the apparent right choice).
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

13 for me. Most were guesses. Though correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Katherine Hepburn and Jack Nicholson tie for 12 nominations? I seem to have gotten that question wrong by picking Hepburn.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

15/20 although like Big Magilla, I put Hepburn for the question about who had the most nominations after Streep. And for the one about the age differences between actors nominated for playing parents and children, I went with The Godfather, because Brando was less than six years older than Duvall. Although maybe that didn't count since Duvall didn't play his biological son.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

14! Not the most exciting test ever.
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

I also got 12.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I only got 9 right mainly because I wasn't paying close attention, although I think more than one had the wrong answer. For example, the answer to the question as to who has the most acting nominations after Meryl Streep, is supposedly Jack Nicholson, but both Nicholson and Katharine Hepburn are correct answers. They both have 12.

This reminds me of the mid-1965 USO lady's answers to questions about who/what won the 1964 Oscars. She insisted that Mary Poppins won Best Picture and Lila Kedrova won Best Actress for Zorba the Greek.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Mark Caro's Oscar Quiz

Post by FilmFan720 »

I only got 12/20 right...how did you do?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... story.html
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.

Return to “87th Predictions and Precursors”