Oscar Voters' Picks

For the films of 2014
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Oscar Voters' Picks

Post by Big Magilla »

That's my guess, although I really thought she was as much as ten years younger.
dws1982
Emeritus

Re: Oscar Voters' Picks

Post by dws1982 »

Going to spoiler text the guess, but all the pieces do fit for the actress to be Rene Russo. She even voted for her movie (and her husband's movie) in Screenplay.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Oscar Voters' Picks

Post by Big Magilla »

It seems there's been more of these than usual this year. The L.A. Times surveyed a producer, a director and an actor.

The actor is a female, white, in her 60s, a SAG and BAFTA nominee. This one really threw me. I went through all the individual film SAG nominees who were also BAFTA nominees but not Oscar nominees and couldn't find anyone in their 60s who met the description. I figured it must be someone who was nominated by SAG either in film ensemble or in TV and I had no inclination to go through all of those. Then tonight I was doing research for a film for a DVD review I am writing. I discovered that the director of the film is the son of a Pulitzer Prize winning playwright whose TV and film career goes back to the 1950s. I also discovered that he is married to one of the stars of his film who it turns out is both a SAG ensemble nominee and a BAFTA Supporting Actress nominee with a twenty year stretch between her two nominations. And, oh yeah, she turned 60 last year. She has to be the L.A. Times' "actor". Any guesses who?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/en ... tml#page=1

Return to “87th Predictions and Precursors”