ksrymy
Adjunct

Ten months out - Best Supporting Actor

Post by ksrymy »

http://www.awardscircuit.com/oscar-pred ... ing-actor/

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

The predicted nominees

1. Mark Ruffalo - Foxcatcher
Buzz began last year from test screenings who say him and Carell are the standouts. His nomination for “The Kids Are All Right” started a train of love, that should have started back with “You Can Count on Me.”
2. Edward Norton - Birdman
Enter wildcard #1. With Keaton on the table, this two-time nominee (I can’t believe he only has two) is due for some love. He hasn’t been nominated in sixteen years.
3. Johnny Depp - Into the Woods
The role was nominated for a Tony and Depp may have a chance to capitalize on his promise from “Pirates of the Caribbean.” Three nominations later, some will be pushing for this.
4. Robert Duvall - The Judge
Veteran. Oscar-winner. The killer in question which should offer him some opportunity to chew some scenery a la “The Road.”
5. Oscar Isaac - Mojave
From “Drive” to the magnificent “Inside Llewyn Davis,” Isaac is making his way to super-stardom. This film opposite Garrett Hedlund could offer an opportunity to “breakout” even more.

Other top-tier contenders

6. Matthias Schoenaerts - Suite française
For me, the best thing about “Rust & Bone.” Another foreign performer aching to breakout to American audiences.
7. Albert Brooks - A Most Violent Year
Wildcard #2. Snubbed for “Drive.” Could be a standout in a film very much about violence.
8. Josh Brolin - Inherent Vice
If I’m going with the film in the top categories, it should be able to pull in a supporting performance too.
9. Paul Dano - Love & Mercy
Playing the young version of John Cusack. Missed out for “There Will Be Blood.”
10. James Franco - True Story
Wildcard #3. Opposite Jonah Hill, can this one-time nominee make his way to the podium?

Also in contention

11. Joel Edgerton - Exodus
12. Logan Lerman - Fury
13. Domhnall Gleeson - Unbroken
14. John Cusack - Maps to the Stars
15. Steve Buscemi - The Cobbler
16. Ray Liotta - Kill the Messenger
17. Stanley Tucci - A Little Chaos
18. Robert Pattinson - Maps to the Stars
19. John Goodman - The Gambler
20. Chris Messina - Manglehorn
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Return to “87th Predictions and Precursors”