Best Actor

For the films of 2013
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Re: Best Actor

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

flipp525 wrote:What was the deal with Jennifer Lawrence confronting someone who was supposedly laughing at her when she came out to present Best Actor? What was going on there? I haven't heard anything about it. Her face at the moment appeared really red and blotchy.
That was weird. And offset by her hitting the mic while trying to open the envelope. She is a true klutz!
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

What was the deal with Jennifer Lawrence confronting someone who was supposedly laughing at her when she came out to present Best Actor? What was going on there? I haven't heard anything about it. Her face at the moment appeared really red and blotchy.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Yeap.

And given the acclaim of his recent TV work (which I haven't and won't ever see) I should change my statement to: With the exception of his work in Tiptoes and Mud and man has never been any better then adequate in his cinema work.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Precious Doll wrote:Yuck. With the exception of his work in Tiptoes and Mud and man has never been any better then adequate.
TIPTOES! You mean this film?

http://www.avclub.com/article/its-only- ... se-f-37238

I have not seen it, but it sounds absolutely disastrous.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Very good chance that he'll join Liza Minnelli and Helen Hunt as one of only three actors to win an Oscar and an Emmy in the same year. His work on HBO's True Detective has been even more acclaimed than his performance in Dallas Buyer's Club.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Yuck. With the exception of his work in Tiptoes and Mud and man has never been any better then adequate.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

So AMERICAN HUSTLE won zero Oscars, while DALLAS BUYER'S CLUB won three. At the beginning of this year I never would have thought that was a possible scenario.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Please play him off.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Best Actor

Post by OscarGuy »

Matthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyers Club
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “86th Nominations and Winners”