Any Chance For A Non-Campaigner This Year?

For the films of 2013
rolotomasi99
Professor

Re: Any Chance For A Non-Campaigner This Year?

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Greg wrote:One thing all this attention to Oscar campaigning has done is to remind me that Katharine Hepburn and Woody Allen both won four Oscars without any campaigning at all, or even showing up for the ceremonies. Does anyone know of anyone who this year could be considered a complete non-campaigner that has a chance to win an Oscar?
Fassbender is the only person I can think of who has specifically not campaigned but has a small chance of winning. Otherwise, Mo'nique is the only recent Oscar winner (other than Woody) I can think of who publicly took a stance against campaigning, and even referenced it in her acceptance speech.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Greg
Tenured

Any Chance For A Non-Campaigner This Year?

Post by Greg »

One thing all this attention to Oscar campaigning has done is to remind me that Katharine Hepburn and Woody Allen both won four Oscars without any campaigning at all, or even showing up for the ceremonies. Does anyone know of anyone who this year could be considered a complete non-campaigner that has a chance to win an Oscar?

Return to “86th Nominations and Winners”