Best Original Song

For the films of 2013
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Re: Best Original Song

Post by The Original BJ »

flipp525 wrote:My sister, the guy I'm dating and I sat around my condo eating sushi and listening to all of these last Saturday night. "Alone Yet Not Alone" was pretty much one of the most hilarious moments of the entire night (including the singer's bizarre preamble before she actually starts singing it). Embarrassing nomination.
In the Hollywood Reporter, the singer was quoted as saying the most wonderful Oscar nomination in recent years was for The Blind Side, so that tells me a lot I need to know about that lady!

Have you guys seen the trailer for this thing? It's hysterical. The part where a hideously bad actress delivers the line, "God, what do I do?" complete with California valley girl vocal fry is an absolute howl.
flipp525
Laureate

Re: Best Original Song

Post by flipp525 »

My sister, the guy I'm dating and I sat around my condo eating sushi and listening to all of these last Saturday night. "Alone Yet Not Alone" was pretty much one of the most hilarious moments of the entire night (including the singer's bizarre preamble before she actually starts singing it). Embarrassing nomination.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Greg
Tenured

Best Original Song

Post by Greg »

Because all of the nominees for Best Original Song are on YouTube, it is possible to at least evaluate the songs themselves, if not how all of them serve their respective films. I like all the nominees, and, there was not a great deal of separation between my number 1 and number 5. Here they are:

1: "Let It Go" from Frozen
2: "The Moon Song" from Her
3: "Ordinary Love" from Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom
4: "Alone Yet Not Alone" from Alone Yet Not Alone
5: "Happy" from Despicable Me 2

Return to “86th Nominations and Winners”