Surprise Inclusions

For the films of 2013
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: Surprise Inclusions

Post by Precious Doll »

Will Forte could sneak into the supporting actor line up if the Academy go for Nebraska in a big way. Category fraud of course but no different to a couple of the other potential nominees.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't see any huge shockers, but a few surprises might still be in store.

Best Picture - All the prognosticators seem to have taken Inside Llewyn Davis out of their predictions due to the lack of guild support, but I think it still ahs a shot.

Best Actor - None of them are predicting Joaquin Phoenix or Oscar Isaac, either or both of whom could grab nominations if neither Redford nor DiCaprio and maybe even Hanks don't get the requisite number of votes.

Best Actress - Probably Adams for the fifth slot, but Adele Exarchopoulos and Brie Larson are wild cards.

Best Supporting Actor - Still room for an out of left field pick like Geoffrey Rush or a nod for Hanks here instead of in the crowded Best Actor race even though his Captain Phillips work is superior to his Disney impersonation.

Best Supporting Actress - Octavia Spencer was in the conversation all year but fell by the wayside due to lack of major year-end support. She could still rebound.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I have a feeling that the 5th spot for Best Actor is gonna be a HUGE shocker. I'm officially predicting Leonardo DiCaprio but something like Idris Elba for Mandela or even more insane, Tye Sheridan for Mud could somehow sneak in.
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

I see literally none of these happening.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Eenusch
Graduate

Surprise Inclusions

Post by Eenusch »

It's probably safe to assume that there will be Oscar nominees come Thursday that are big surprises, largely ignored by the precursors and prognosticators.

Who might they be?

FRUITVALE STATION - Best Picture

John Goodman - INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS; Bobby Cannavale - BLUE JASMINE (Best Supporting Actor)

Barbara Sukowa - HANNAH ARENDT; Berenice Bejo - THE PAST (Best Actress)

Others ?

Return to “86th Predictions and Precursors”