The Lives of Others
41%
The Counterfeiters
No votes

Total votes: 29

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

OKay, I haven't seen about half of these. But Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a great film! I have to get around to watching more of these winners.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Thanks, sweetness. THE LIVES OF OTHERS!!! Special mention to Almodovar.
"How's the despair?"
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Sabin wrote:Shit. I have to abstain. I haven't seen 'Tsotsi' because I don't want to and 'The Counterfeiters'. That really annoys me because I really want to vote for 'The Lives of Others'.
I can do an exception for you :)
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Shit. I have to abstain. I haven't seen 'Tsotsi' because I don't want to and 'The Counterfeiters'. That really annoys me because I really want to vote for 'The Lives of Others'.
"How's the despair?"
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

I've seen all of them - and I think that's the only way that voting for these polls can make sense. Nobody forces us to vote here, except, sometimes (and I know it's not your case), hatred, prejudice and ignorance.

But I asked Hustler, and am still waiting for his answer.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

The only ones I've seen on this list are: Life is Beautiful, All About My Mother, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Nowhere in Africa, The Barbarian Invasions and The Lives of Others.

So, for me, it came down to choosing between All About My Mother and The Lives of Others, both of which are among the finest films of all time, imho. I now honestly can't remember how I voted, but it was one of those two!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

One question, Hustler - since you voted for Life is Beautiful as the worst. Have you seen ALL these movies (including for example The Couterfeiters)? I'm waiting for your answer.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

ITALIANO wrote:Some really great movies here - and no, I wasn't the one who picked Life is Beautiful.
Unfortunately, I was. I made a mistake, because I´ve got mixed up with the other thread. (worst of the Best). Wes, could you fix that?
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Some really great movies here - and no, I wasn't the one who picked Life is Beautiful.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

No Man´s Land.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Almodovar. Easily. The only travesty is that I couldn't vote for Talk to Her or Volver.

And wow, another decade where the Foreign Film list is more distinguished than the Best Picture list.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

More.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”