I´m going with P.T. Anderson´s movie.
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Sheesh, sorry.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Of these ten films, which were the more critically acclaimed Best Picture losers of their year, which is the best. That's the poll. It's not which one deserved to win the most of all of them.

If you didn't know they were Best Picture nominees or winners and just had to view the list, which of these ten is the best. That was the purpose.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

...wait, so the purpose of this poll is Which film was the most critically favorored excluding the Best Picture nominee?

I give it to 'There Will Be Blood'.

Edited By Sabin on 1204565411
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

You know that's just the kind of attitude I was hoping to avoid. We're picking the BEST of the films, not which one SHOULD have won more rightly over another.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Brokeback. I prefer There Will Be Blood, but at least it lost to a great film whereas Brokeback lost to absolute crap.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Researching the films with the highest critics score among films that didn't win Best Picture, here's an interesting poll asking which of these films are the best non-winning Best Picture nominees of the last decade.

It was most interesting to look at both Meta Critic and Rotten Tomatoes on this. While Meta had Brokeback and There Will Be Blood with better ratings, RT had Good Night and Good Luck and Juno with higher. The reason I went with Meta Critic is because they average the highest score to get their score. RT goes based on "positives" so, Juno might have 94% positive reviews, but of those, the average is only 3 stars. There will Be Blood could have 91% but have an average of 3.5, so in the end, I went with the Meta Critic score comparisons.
Wesley Lovell

Return to “The 8th Decade”