Happy Feet
43%
Ratatouille
4%

Total votes: 23

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

That's because a lot of us enjoyed Wallace & Gromit: Were-Rabbit. It was a terrific film carrying over the wit and style of his shorts. It worked quite well and was genuinely funny throughout.

Of course my vote went to the obnoxious, self-important Happy Feet which felt like a poorly-veiled propaganda film. It wasn't catchy. It was annoying.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

At least Happy Feet had a charming lead character and Shrek, for all it's smugness, had some moments of inspired visual comedy (and led to the superior, funnier Shrek 2).

I voted for Wallace and Gromit. They just about got by as shorts, but stretched to feature length the cosy old northern English stereotypes become tiresome within moments. Also we would have been spared yet another Oscar appearence by Nick Park and his stupid bloody oversized bow ties. This "hilarious" chap has four Oscars now, folks!
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I remember having a great time watching Shrek, but I liked Monsters, Inc. better.

Similarly, Happy Feet was enjoyable, but the ending is utterly unbelievable in spite of its intentions.

At least Shrek 2 was also pretty good. Number 3 was a little disappointing. More on the way. Still the tapping feet had two worthwhile competitors.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

'Shrek'. Haven't seen 'Happy Feet' but I don't see an unending conveyor belt of sequels in sight for that one.
"How's the despair?"
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Tough call between Shrek and Happy Feet.

I'm gonna give it to Shrek.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Another embarrassment of riches but the juvenile and ugly looking Shrek beats out the hideously conservative propaganda of The Incredibles.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

More.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”