Keira Knightley
14%
Tang Wei
33%

Total votes: 43

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

I'm amazed at the number of votes Tang Wei has received. What a bland performance!
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Why, thank you.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Well, but of course, if he has to be a -ite, it wouldn't be a bad choice...
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Daniel is coming over, and becoming a FilmFanite. That is the only reasoning I can find.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

FilmFan720 wrote:I haven't seen any of these yet, but Ashley Judd was marvelous, despite what Damien thinks. See Italiano, I can form my own opinions too :D
True, I admit - but always a bit shy and scared, FilmFan :)

And for dws this must be a decision of epic proportions. He won't sleep tonight...
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I'll have to part ways with Damien myself, and weigh in on the thumbs-up side with respect to Bug, and Ashley Judd's performance in it.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

I haven't seen any of these yet, but Ashley Judd was marvelous, despite what Damien thinks. See Italiano, I can form my own opinions too :D
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

flipp525 wrote:It's a shame that Ashley Judd couldn't have found her way into the Best Actress race this year for her fantastic performance in Bug.
I thought it was a terrible, obvious performance in a terrible, obvious film. Cliched, by-the-numbers acting.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

abcinyvr wrote:But Mrs. L. knew this was her only chance - and you could see it all in HBC's eyes.
The only thing I saw in her eyes was my own reflection. And it was bored.
abcinyvr
Graduate

Post by abcinyvr »

Tang Wei absolutely, but I agree with Penelope, HBC as Mrs. Lovett drove the film emotionally. Depp's character had one aim and nothing to lose, and as a result wasn't very interesting. But Mrs. L. knew this was her only chance - and you could see it all in HBC's eyes.
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Angelina Jolie. Love her in everything. And she's terrific in her film - even better than her Oscar winning role.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

It's a shame that Ashley Judd couldn't have found her way into the Best Actress race this year for her fantastic performance in Bug. I found her characterization compelling and humanistic -- a woman slowly being sucked into the claustrophobic paranoia that's shrinking the world around her. She'll definitely be remembered in my "shouldabeens".

Edited By flipp525 on 1201118334
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Ugh, I don't really mind any of these being excluded, but since the low bar is Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth the Ass-Kicker, I'll go with Amy Adams.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Penelope wrote:I'll probably be raked over the coals for this, but Helena Bonham Carter. I don't give a crap that she couldn't sing--it was a dazzling, deeply moving, marvelously rendered performance.
*sigh*
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Apparently, and according to the poll, Jolie has more people supporting her perfomance than I`ve imagined.

Return to “The 8th Decade”