Best Supporting Actor

1998 through 2007
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Javier Bardem on filming "Before Night Falls"

> ON THE REVELATORY FILMING EXPERIENCE: “I can now grasp how a man could look at another man and immediately want to lift his legs to Jesus.”

> ON JOHNNY DEPP AS TRANSVESTITE PRISON GUARD BON BON: “When I first saw Bon Bon on the set, I didn’t realize it was Johnny. I just looked at this girl with the heavy makeup and the big behind and thought, man, I could get into that. I still felt such a way after I realized it was Johnny. He’s such a beautiful guy — who wouldn’t want to make love with him? And I know a lot of real girls who would kill to have Bon Bon’s ass.”

> ON FAKING IT: “I’m not a homosexual, but if I have to kiss a man, I have to feel the desire. Otherwise I will be lying, in a way that is perhaps worse than the lying that gay actors convey when, offscreen, they say they are straight. It’s worse because I am being fake to an audience. I had to find in myself the man who would like to make love with another man.”

http://breathoffreshink.com/the-gayness-of-javier-bardem/#more-1464
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

OscarGuy wrote:It is indeed...

and Akash, there are no words to express how sick I am of that type of comment.
well then, my job is done!
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Damien, that is exactly what I was thinking. I just didn't want to open up another can of worms.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Film Fan720 wrote:Well, I loved Jennifer Hudson last year, she was my choice, but she did blow as a presenter. Guess she needs a director even to present an award!

Hence the brilliance of Bill Condon :D

Edited By Damien on 1203919412
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

To be fair to Hudson, Alan Arkin wasn't much better.

But what's an "Arscar"?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Heksagon wrote:This is the first acting Oscar to Spain, right? Esto es para España, or whatever he said.

He thanked his mother, Pilar Bardem a well known actress in Spain and his grandfathers, all actors, for their talent and inspiration.

Edited By Hustler on 1203916748
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Well, I loved Jennifer Hudson last year, she was my choice, but she did blow as a presenter. Guess she needs a director even to present an award!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It is indeed...

and Akash, there are no words to express how sick I am of that type of comment.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Anon
Temp

Post by Anon »

That was an awful dress, and she was terribly nervous. Glad Javier won, but this is starting to feel too predictable. I look forward to a surprise in the Supporting Actress category.
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

This is the first acting Oscar to Spain, right? Esto es para España, or whatever he said.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Wow. Hudson wasn't even believable as a presenter.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”