Best Costume Design

1998 through 2007
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

rolotomasi99 wrote:so...i guess the costume designer for THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL can start writing her acceptance speech now. shit, it is sandy powell. she could design costumes out of burlap sacks and (deservedly) win the oscar.
There's also The Duchess, although costume designer Michael O'Connor (Last King of Scotland, Miss Pettigrews) doesn't have Sandy Powell's pedigree.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

so...i guess the costume designer for THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL can start writing her acceptance speech now. shit, it is sandy powell. she could design costumes out of burlap sacks and (deservedly) win the oscar.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Damien wrote:I really am loathe to say I Told You So

Well, on this occasion, you probably have the right do so. I have to admit that the only reason I predicted Golden Age was because I read your comments on it. I would have gone with Sweeney Todd otherwise.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Elizabeth was my second choice, Damien, but I think Sweeney emerged more for me as a potential winner because of the Costume Designers Guild. But, somehow I forgot to change it at my Oscar.com predictions, weird.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I really am loathe to say I Told You So, but this one was to me a complete no-brainer from the day the nominations were announced. I never understood why there was even any discussion here on this category.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Ugh. I'm already losing.
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

a shame...
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”