80th Oscars: Pre-Show

1998 through 2007
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Oh god I forgot about Connelly Damien. Yes, he is the worst of them all, unless...did Tom O'Neil get any pre-show hosting gig? (I love the year he was hanging from some rafter or something for some no name channel and they forgot to show him at all. LOL)

Edited By Akash on 1203968916
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

anonymous wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:Is it me or is Regis more obnoxious than ever?

He's still 10x better than Billy Bush.
Regis is 1000 times better than the embarrassing idiot Chris Connelley (who compounds matters by thinking he's smart and hip) who hosted the ABC pre-show the last couple years.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

anonymous wrote:

I call a draw. Though either one of them is marginally preferable to Ryan Seacrest.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I can't help but think of horses when I see Hilary Swank... and I almost never think of horses.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Hilary Swank totally "robot-ed" her way through the red carpet interview. She said the same thing like three times. A virtual automaton. Which is fine. I mean, her acting is great. She doesn't have to have a personality off-screen, I suppose.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

At a ticket price nearly three times that of normal movies. It was a concert, not a movie, so it really shouldn't be counted. Yes. $61 million is a good deal of money and it's presently the third highest grossing film of the year, BUT it's still not a movie, has no place being at the Oscars and this is only February, so it will fall below the top 20 easily by the end of the year.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

OscarGuy wrote:What the fuck does Miley Cyrus have to do with the Oscars? How does she rate a position in the pre-show?
Well, she does have one of the highest grossing films of the year so far.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

God, ya know, even on the red carpet Helen Mirren puts everyone to shame. "I'm playing the madam in a whorehouse in Nevada and I think a little bit of a character is rubbing off on me at the moment." Regis: "From a queen to a whorehouse". To which she replies, "Another kind of queen". She's just so fantastically witty, brilliant and classy.

Edited By flipp525 on 1203906260
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

What the fuck does Miley Cyrus have to do with the Oscars? How does she rate a position in the pre-show?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Laura Linney was so classy. Give that girl an Oscar soon (she should have had one for Kinsey, but hey...)
Wesley Lovell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Is it me or is Regis more obnoxious than ever?
Wesley Lovell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Feel free to discuss the pre-show as it's happening or give your final impressions once it's done.

The pre-show should begin at 8 Eastern, 5 Pacific. Followed at 8:30E/5:30P by the actual ceremony.
Wesley Lovell

Return to “The 8th Decade”