Reel Geezer choices & predictions

1998 through 2007
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

Sorry, a spoiler is a spoiler... I don't want to know the end of a film before I see it, or the details about it. Is that a bad thing?

Of course you can know even everything about a film before watching it and still love it once you've done so, but is it fair that it happens when you didn't ask for any information?

Big or small spoilers?
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

That plot point of Into the Wild isn't really such a huge spoiler. I knew it going in, and I didn't feel like the film had been ruined; didn't feel like it had any effect on my reaction to the film. Into the Wild is not really that kind of movie, unlike Atonement, which would probably be very different for someone who had been spoiled going into the movie. (Or book.)

Edited By dws1982 on 1202610366
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

Oh my God! I can't believe I just clicked on the link to found out the biggest spoiler ever! I mean, come on!

Please, if you haven't seen Into the Wild, please don't click on the link!

Even though these "guys" are quite interseting, I'm afraid of keep watching the whole show... and I just saw the first 3 minutes! This isn't fair...
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Very interesting.

A 'Michael Clayton' Picture win wouldn't bother me I have to say. But I'm going to give my 'out-there' prediction and say that Atonement will win Best Picture and Julian Schnabel wins Best Director.

I say 'out there', but I think it will happen. A very surprsing Oscar night is before us....
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The Reel Geezers are 86 year-old veteran screenwriter Lorenzo Semple, Jr. and his friend, writer's agent Marcia Nasatir. Both are members of the Academy and discuss thier choices and predictions in the top 8 categories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3CngYPRw8&feature=related

Edited By Big Magilla on 1202605252

Return to “The 8th Decade”