Cinema Audio Society Winner

1998 through 2007
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

There was also the Cinema Audio Society's special Filmmaker Award. It went to Bill Condon.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

WONDERFUL choice! And I fully expect the Oscars to fuck it up and go with guy who lost his mom last year. Because unless you're Kanye West, that's gotta help right?

Edited By Akash on 1203310861
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Even though I don't like the film, I'm with Rain and DWS on this one -- the use of sound was exemplary and creative, but without calling attention to itself.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

I'm no big NCFOM supporter (I call it a solid 3-star movie that's less likely to hold up as a Best Picture winner than any of its competitors save Juno) but I think awards in the technical categories- sound & editing particularly- are totally justified.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I'm glad they actually awarded a movie that made inventive and evocative use of sound, rather than just voting for the loudest one nominated.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The CAS has fallen onto the No Country for Old Men bandwagon and given it its prize. Not terribly surprising, but making for one of the most disappointing Oscarcasts yet (for you guys, disappointing in that it seems predictable; for me, because the film's hardly anything spectacular and has been overpraised and overhyped to death).
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”