Comedy Series Cast

1998 through 2007
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Finally Aakash, an actress we agree on. Mary Louise Parker is also freaking HOT.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

I haven't watched The Office and 30 Rock in a while, but I agree with you for the most part Sabin. I will say though that there is no comedy on TV (not even these two) that is as consistently funny, witty, and insightful as Weeds. In fact it's the only comedy on the air that has improved with time and become even more energetic and entertaining in its second and third season, twisting its characters into a tight screwball plot (within plots, within plots) and delivering the best payoffs imaginable. That this cast is never nominated and that Mary Louise Parker constantly loses at the Emmys and SAG to charming but less rigorous work by America Ferrera and Tina Fey, just goes to show how pointless these television awards are.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

It's been a little while since two sitcoms have matched each other for ensemble brilliance as 'The Office' and '30 Rock'. The new seasons of both (what was there of them) was a little disappointing, but the third season of 'The Office' was when the show became a work of subtle brilliance and enthralling narrative; whereas '30 Rock' announced itself after the first five episodes as my New York happy place. '30 Rock' is my new favorite show on the planet but 'The Office' did fantastic work last year.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The Office
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”