Male Film Supporting Actor

1998 through 2007
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

dylanfan23 wrote:i can't imagine him ever saying the wrong thing or being boring.
Then you've never seen The Sea Inside.

Seriously though, he'll be the best predictable Oscar winner in this category since Tim Robbins.
dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

he gave the same speech at the broadcast awards...but somehow didn't make it seem that way, i can't imagine him ever saying the wrong thing or being boring.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Cinemanolis wrote:Damn. I didn't get to see Bardem winning, as there was a power failure in my whole block. Anyway, good speech?
Yes, it was a great speech.

I think this solidifies his status as a front-runner at the Oscars.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Damn. I didn't get to see Bardem winning, as there was a power failure in my whole block. Anyway, good speech?
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I'm still holding out on Holbrook for the Oscars, because I really want it mainly, but also because I haven't correctly made a real against-the-grain winner prediction in a major category since Adrien Brody, so maybe it's time for me to correctly call another upset.

I agree with Okri's frustration at Tommy Lee Jones's excellent work in the film being consistently overlooked though. I'm glad they picked what was probably my favorite line of his in the movie ("I always thought when I got older, God would sort of come into my life in some way. He didn't.") for his clip.

Edited By dws1982 on 1201490138
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

And very gracious.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Predictable, but in a good way. What a handsome man!
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

I know. I just think Tommy Lee Jones is so much better than Javier Bardem. He's the reason the film resonates with me. He's the key to it's success.

But you're right. Robbed is the wrong word.
dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

He wasn't robbed...he gave two great performances and deserved his nominations....but you can't say he was robbed when a performance like bardems wins....its not like cuba gooding jr won this year.
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Tommy Lee Jones was robbed. And has been all season. I really don't get it.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”