SAG Life Achievement goes to...

1998 through 2007
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Reza wrote:James Garner, Dick Van Dyke or Christopher Plummer would be excellent choices.
sounds funny. Julie presented Garner´s lifetime achievement award 2 years ago.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Anne Hathaway would be too lightweight to make the presentation. James Garner, Dick Van Dyke or Christopher Plummer would be excellent choices.
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

Who'll present it? James Garner or Anne Hathaway?
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Every awards group seems to come up with interesting choices for their honorary awards except good ole Oscar! They are always too stingy it seems.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

A wonderful decision! I thought she will be given the Cecil B de Mille Award this year but at this time it sounds not likely.
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

Why won't they give this to Bullock instead? Dang...
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

This is a MAGNIFICENT choice!!!!!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Screen Actors Guild on Monday said it will give Dame Julie Andrews, star of "The Sound of Music," its Life Achievement Award when it hands out its annual acting honors next January 28.

Andrews, who will turn 71 on October 1, has enjoyed a long and successful career on stage and television and in films that include such hits as "Mary Poppins," for which she won the 1964 Oscar for best actress.

Born in England, Andrews got her start on the British stage and became a major Broadway star in the 1950s and 1960s. She conquered Hollywood as the lovable nanny Mary Poppins and followed with 1965's smash hit "The Sound of Music."

Andrews has been nominated for three Oscars for "Poppins," "Sound of Music" and as a cross-dressing singer in "Victor/Victoria," which was directed by her husband, Blake Edwards.

She has appeared in numerous TV specials and other programs, and recently starred in "The Princess Diaries" and was the voice of the Queen in "Shrek 2."

In 1997, Andrews underwent an operation to remove a polyp from her vocal chords. The surgery left her singing voice damaged, and she sued the doctors for malpractice.

Return to “The 8th Decade”