Oscar Schedule

1998 through 2007
Nik
Temp

Post by Nik »

Good to know. Now the next announcement they should make is that last year be stricken from the record entirely. I'm willing to pretend 2005 didn't happen. Who's with me?
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

HOLLYWOOD'S ACADEMY AWARDS BACK TO FEBRUARY
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - The Oscars are moving back to February.

The 79th annual Academy Awards will be held Feb. 25, 2007 - the last Sunday of the month - at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre. It will be televised by ABC-TV.

This year's show was moved to the first Sunday in March to avoid going head-to-head against NBC's broadcast of the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics.

Sid Ganis, president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, announced the key Oscar dates on Monday, noting that the February show means nominations and the balloting process will take place earlier than they did this year.

Oscar nominees will be announced Jan. 23 at 5:30 a.m. PST at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Final ballots will be mailed Jan. 31 and will be due Feb. 20 by 5 p.m. PST.

The nominees lunch will be held Feb. 5 and the academy's Scientific and Technical Awards Dinner will take place Feb. 10.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “The 8th Decade”